Thursday, August 27, 2009

Alive After Five... and New Interns? What??


Next monday, I will be attending the interview of 2 more new interns in the law office. Whoa, imagine the surprise on my face to this news: I've only been here a month and they've already got new interns for me to work with? Nice. In other news, I helped out with "Alive After Five" last week in an effort to bolster the campaign effort of Mayor Wood. He had set up a tent right next to a chicken coop handled by Mr. Andrew Wordes, the "Chicken Man" (NOT the Chicken Whisperer); Interesting strategy don't you think? Nevertheless, it turned out to be a great success as Mayor Wood got lots of publicity from this traditional Roswell event. Interestingly enough, however, about 100 yards down the street Mike Martin and I spotted the campaign tent for Lori Henry with Mr. Pug Mabry (the former mayor of Roswell) sitting right behind her. Funny thing is I am almost positive that I could hear crickets chirping as I walked by her tent; there was no buzz, no activity like at Mayor Wood's campaign tent. Looks like her campaign just isn't creating the buzz that Mayor Wood's is. Oh well. David Tolleson, on the other hand, was no where to be found on Canton Street. Go figure. What I learned: Chickens are a GREAT marketing tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment